Tick Tock


            Today has been a bittersweet day, my last Friday at IWU before summer break. We had our last chapel today, and we sang two of my favorite worship songs. I sat in my final math class and almost cried tears of joy when I realized that I would never be forced to stare at another algebra equation on a chalkboard. I ordered my final Iced Caramel Macchiato at McConn, the campus coffee shop; I am officially out of points. I went to my final job interview, so now I get to keep my fingers crossed for the next six days. I attended a bridal shower for two of the senior girls on staff. I realized that it is probably the last time we will all hang out together before they graduate and become wives. And now I’m sitting at Payne’s coffee shop with a group of friends and procrastinating for one last time before the reality of exams sets in. In five days I will be done with my second year of college. I’m halfway there, and I’m not entirely sure how I feel about that. Not to mention I still have a dorm room full of clothing, nicknacks and old papers to pack away. Time is going so fast.

2 comments:

Angela said...

you have no idea how fast these next 2 years will go by and how much will change during that time! College is such an awesome but crazy time! miss you!

Jim said...

looking forward to having you home and working,lol