Ho Ho Home

This morning I made the drive from Marion, Indiana to Toledo, Ohio, singing along with the Trans Siberian Orchestra and Bing Crosby. ("Ho Ho Ho and Hit the Highway," my newest ipod playlist.) I can't believe that the semester is over. Like, seriously over. As I reflected on all of the papers I wrote and pages I read and tests I took and coffee I drank, I wasn't sure if I wanted to scream from joy or cry from exhaustion. So I scream-cried, not caring if the WalMart truck driver could see me. I made it. The semester is over. I worked harder than I've ever worked, and it felt good. Tiring, but good.

When I got home, I gave my G6 a well-deserved oil change and watched court tv and napped on the couch and helped my mom with the no-bake cookies (a reasonable cookie for me and my horribly-inept-domestic-abilities to tackle.) Christmas break has already been wonderfully relaxing, and it has only been a few hours. I'm taking the next few days to fill my lungs with cleansing, deep breaths because I know that the parties will start soon and I will be in a perpetual sugar-cookie coma until January.

I'm thankful for the break--even though I know it will go fast. I'm thankful for how God has brought me through my busiest semester so far. Thankful for the laughter from friendships. Thankful for the comfort from family. Thankful for my own bed. Thankful for this time of year and the Savior who loves me unconditionally.

6 comments:

Jim said...

It's great to have you Home and look forward to the next days together. Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

Heather, I am sure the you made the Walmart drivers day. It is surprising that so many people tried their hardest and did their best this semester but I am glad it is over too. It was about time for break. Hope you have a great time.

TJ

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

o yah I changed my oil too! Hope that I'll get to see you around next semester it was great to work on the CDC with you and p.s. you made great cookies that one time TJ and I were over.

Heather Moline said...

thanks for the comments, TJ :)
you too, dad--I can always count on a nice comment!

Jim said...

Hey what's going o with this blog does it have anything new to read or not, lol